Sussex University: in the Spotlight
in University thesis services
Recently The Document Centre has seen a regular flurry of thesis binding orders coming in from students from the University of Sussex. Most examples have been from students studying for their Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil).
The thesis binding specification for Sussex University is as follows:
- Covers should be hard bound in a dark blue cloth;
- The spine lettering needs to be at least 24pt in size;
- The spine requires, in the following order, the qualification attained, the student's surname and initials and year of the award;
- The lettering should be in gold foil running from the top to bottom of the spine so that, when the volume is lying flat with the front cover uppermost, the spine lettering is readable i.e. is the right way up.
- If there is more than one volume, the spine also needs to show the number of the volume at the bottom;
- The front cover font should also be in gold foil lettering and, again, be at least 24pt in size.
The University of Sussex
Established in 1961, the University of Sussex main campus is situated at Falmer on the Northern edge of Brighton, East Sussex. Being in this location has allowed it to score within the top ten of all UK universities for its superb location which benefits from Brighton's diverse array of clubs, pubs, music venues and nightlife – just a stone's throw away. However the Falmer campus is also surrounded by the South Downs National Park so also enjoys the best of the rolling Sussex countryside too, for those students who appreciate outdoor activities and the natural world. The university also boasts award-winning architecture, many of the core buildings having been designed by Sir Basil Spence and Falmer House itself being one of only a pair of educational buildings in the UK to be Grade 1 listed.
Faculties at the university include anything from Business and Management through to Social Work, Engineering, English, History, Law and Life Sciences plus a whole lot more — click here for a full list of the schools and departments.
Sussex University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and is ranked 14th in the UK for 'Academic Quality', 4th in the UK for its 'Research Excellence' and no less than 83% of postgraduates are in graduate-level jobs within six months of leaving the university. Moreover the university's own Innovation Centre has been so successful as an incubator of high-growth technology- and knowledge-based enterprise that the 160+ companies born there now employ hundreds of local people and generate a revenue of over £250m each year.
Sussex University is a globally-renowned, world-leading research faculty which includes 3 Nobel Prize winners, one winner of the highly coveted Crafoord Prize and many Fellows of establishments like the Royal Society, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the British Academy among its staff.
Thesis & dissertation printing & binding
We'd like to thank students from Sussex University for recent dissertation printing and binding work received. Our printing and binding is produced to the exact specification and standard outlined in the university's regulations for thesis binding and The Document Centre is a preferred supplier for many universities in the UK and even abroad. While Sussex University does have its own in-house thermal binding service for its students, there is no equivalent in-house hard binding facility for things like doctoral theses and this is where we can particularly help students looking for a reliable supplier of hard-back dissertation printing and binding services. Order your thesis printing and binding online(simply upload your PDF and select your desired options) or call us on 020 7928 9738 for further details — we'd be delighted to help. We are based in London but finished dissertations can be collected, posted or sent to students by overnight courier, including to more than one destination if more than one copy has been ordered. We offer several different services including same day, next day through to 3 day turnaround. Give us a try — you won't be disappointed!
Image: Falmer House © Tom Harle licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
A4 colour copies as low as 8p from your digital files or hard copy. See below for prices. Ideal for Reports, Manuals, Conference books, Training material and many other documents; loose leaf or bound. A quality product, delivered quickly to your door.
- From hard copy sent to us or MS Word or PDF files Emailed or uploaded to us*
- Printed on cut size sheets so document bleed is not available. Please call the sales line on 01273 878405 for an estimate to include print bleed.
- Includes delivery of finished product within 4 working days to Sussex, Surrey or Kent**.
- A white 4 ring Presentation Binder with printed cover and spine is available at an extra £1.50 per unit.
- We will achieve the best possible result from your files or hard copy but for absolutely colour critical work please contact the sales line on 01273 878405 for a bespoke quotation.
** In Brighton and HoveDelivery will be made by our own van and driver. Between Lewes and Worthing it will be our van or Couriers. Other areas will be our Couriers.