Interesting Essay Topics About The Cold War: 20 Unique Ideas
The following are some topics that you might consider when you are asked to write about the Cold War
- Discuss how the Yalta Conference of 1945 brought about the Cold War
- Explain the context of the Yalta Conference of 1945
- Discuss the contribution of Eastern Europe to the Cold War
- Discuss the social impact of the Cold War, focusing on at least one country that was affected
- Discuss the impact that the Cold War had on Europe with respect to the culture, art, music and radio at the time
- Explain how the Cold War could have been avoided, and why
- Discuss 5 reasons why the Cold War was not avoidable
- What were roles played by the policies that were instituted by the US in the development of the Cold War?
- Discuss, compare and contrast any two leaders that took part in the Cold War, emphasizing on their impacts on and the impact that their countries had on the war
- Discuss the development of détente between the year 1969 and 1979. What did this stand for?
- Ronald Reagan took a hard stance on their policies in the early 1980s and this is why the Cold War came to pass. Criticize this statement with evidence
- Choose two countries from different regions and discuss the impact that the Cold War had on their economies
- There were different ideologies that brought about the Cold War. Asses the truth of this statement, with reference to some of the ideologies that you find applicable herein
- Discuss how rival countries had different aims and policies and how these brought about the development and propagation of the Cold War
- Unnatural alliances aimed at bringing down a common enemy will always fail once the common enemy has been eliminated. Discuss with reference to the Cold War
- Discuss the role of George Kennan’s containment doctrine and how it affected the administrations of Kennedy, Eisenhower and Truman
- In your own opinion, discuss which of the three presidents Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy was able to put an end to communism
- Discuss the factors that brought about a rapid boost in the economy of the US in the 1950s
- Discuss how the prosperity of the US affected other aspects of the American economy, politically, economically and socially
- Discuss why the Americans were so afraid of communist infiltration after the end of World War II
Effects and Causes of the Cold War Essay: Topic Ideas and Summary
World War II ended in the mid nineteen forties. While it was wonderful that a violent, global conflict had come to an end, the world would be entering a new set of tensions. The cold was began just after the end of the ward, and involved non violent conflict between the Soviet Union (Warsaw Pact) and the United States and their Allies (Nato). A cold war is defined as conflict that does not include any battles or military actions between the feuding nations. While the Soviet Union and the United States never used military force against one another, multiple wars during the time of the cold war happened as a direct result of the cold war conflict. These include both the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Other actions taken during this period that had far reaching effects included trading arms for hostages and the sale of arms to Middle Eastern Forces. Most historians agree that the cold war officially ended in the early nineties. Due to the fact that the cold war lasted so long and had economic, political, social, and cultural impacts world wide, there are many topics on which you can base a cold war essay. It is precisely that large selection that could trip you up. This is why we have come up with a list of essay topic ideas that we are confident are sure winners. Feel free to take any of the suggestions to use as is, or modify any of these in order to come up with a custom topic idea.
Cold War Essay Questions, Prompts, and Topic Ideas
- Write an essay describing the influence of the Cold War on the Vietnam War
- What actions did the United States take that caused the Soviet Union to feel as if their interests were being threatened?
- How are the citizens of North Korea still impacted by the events of the Cold War?
- How did the actions of Russian policy makers cause United States Officials to feel threatened or concerned?
- Write an essay that explains the Domino Theory
- Write an argumentative essay about who started the cold war. Defend your position with solid evidence.
- The reunification of Germany was a major indicator that the cold war was over. Write an essay describing the events around the destruction of the Berlin Wall.
- How did the Cold War play a role in the Korean War?
- Explain what happened during the Cuban Revolution and how it was related to the Cold War
- What was the impact of the cold war on pop culture throughout the decades?
- Does Ronald Reagan deserve the credit he received for engineering the end of the Cold War?
- Explain the Red Scare
- Write a DBQ essay about the three most important events of the Cold War
- What is containment? Write a detailed essay about the topic?
- Why was the Cold War such a driving factor behind the space race?
- How did actions taken during the Cold War impact the current situation in the Middle East?
- Discuss the nuclear arms race and the ways in which the Cold War has caused many volatile nations to have nuclear weapons.
All of our writers agree that these are great topic ideas and that students could pick any one of these questions or ideas and write an excellent essay. However, any student who would like additional help should contact us. There are writers on staff who have backgrounds in Foreign Policy, and World History who have the skills and talents to help with any essay related to the Cold War.
Tagged in:cold waressaycausestopicsquestionsdbq