Project management is a set of management activities integrated to form one service for the creation of a specific event, product or service. Project management dissertation topics can be based on a range of issues that detail any one or more of the integral management concepts within a project's lifespan. Research topics in project management for MBA or for other master's degree also deal with potential risk areas associated with project development and execution. The following is a list of the more trending project management topic ideas.
List of project management dissertation topics
The list given below contains finished titles so you can choose any of them, modify a bit by adding specific sector, industry, or country you want to research on. Either you are an undergraduate student looking for research proposal topics in project management, doing your masters or searching a topic for your PhD thesis, you will find this list useful.
A systems approach to controlling costs in project management- the case of the R&D department for a UK based consumer good manufacturer.
A review on the initiation stage of a project- the case of the UK medicine sector.
The importance of the managerial process within the broad spectrum of project management.
A review of the evolution and development of Project management in Europe's construction industry.
The impact of project length on management control and quality- the case of the UK healthcare sector.
How intimately are project management and project success related? Review of literature in the US education sector.
A review of the similarities and differences in project management practices across the world.
Green building and project management- review from current literature.
An exploration of the potential possibilities of competitive advantage in project management.
How do project managers assess and plan for Critical Path Analysis- an empirical study.
The validity for uncertainty in difficult and lengthy projects in the UK construction industry.
An investigative analysis for the evolution and development of project management across the past 25 years.
How important is an understanding for the intricate nature of a project towards its effective management.
An explorative analysis for the benchmark standard of maturity measurement in project management.
Developing an understanding for Agile Project Management- evidence from academic literature.
Do PMBOK guidelines effectively prepare managers for successfully handling project risks?
An explorative investigation of the efficacy of the different prevailing project management methodologies- review from the US.
How do organizations justify their choice of software development methodologies?
An empirical analysis of the importance of teamwork on project management- the case of the UK healthcare system.
A comparative analysis of the project management software tools in terms of efficacy within the developed world.
Project management and attitude towards risk- an analysis of the UK oil and gas sector.
An investigative approach to analysis of the differences between Agile and Scrum approach to Project Management in the UK.
Challenges in public procurement for project management in Britain's IT sector- review of the literature.
Analyzing the stakeholder approach to successful completion and adoption of projects from a global perspective.
An investigation into project management best practices in Europe's financial sector.
An evaluation of a project's risk assessment strategies in UK's medicine sector.
Exploring leadership qualities for successful project management- evidence from the US.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
There you go. Use the list well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics related blog posts for the future.
A List of Unique Project Management Dissertation Topics to Consider
Selecting a topic for a project management themed dissertation marks the culmination of many days of studying and effort. So, when you are approaching this final task and considering the topic for you, try any one of these unique topics to use for your dissertation and you will have the final coup de grace of your educational experience.
- Project management software tools advantages and limitations within the project management world – There are several project management software tools available on the market that attempt to combine all the aspects of project management into one convenient location. However, unless you understand the base assumptions of how to fully use these tools they can limit their effectiveness when managing a project.
- Discuss the criticality of implementing risk mitigation planning early in a project – Many project managers forget to account for risk mitigation strategies when they are developing the budget for their projects. Discuss case studies on the risks of not including this key aspect of every project early on in the planning process.
- Critical path schedule optimization – Review the critical path schedule optimization strategy that project managers can utilize when putting a project schedule in place. Show benefits to the overall project when bottlenecks are identified early on and critical path optimization is used.
- Project management history in industry – While project management roles have always been a part of any project the development of the project management job function is more recent. Discuss the history and evolution of this job within multiple industries and how professionals have come to rely on this role within their businesses to be successful.
- A philosophical look at triple constraints – Project management is based on the philosophy of correctly managing the triple constraints within a program. Schedule, scope and budget drive all aspects of the project development but is it truly that simple or are there other aspects that are involved that will influence these three critical areas.
- Case studies in project management successes – Early in the evolution of project management as a career, there were several key successes that launched this role to the forefront of major businesses.
When you are looking for a unique project management dissertation topic then look no further than these four topics and you will be poised for success in any dissertation assignment you are required to complete for your degree.