Sales Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to tracking jobs in Sales, your cover letter is your personal brand. Use the following advice to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Make sure to include your contact information at the top of your cover letter. The required information includes your city, state, phone number, and email address. You may omit your street address due to privacy and identity theft concerns.
2. List your accomplishments. These are much more meaningful to potential employees than lists of job responsibilities. Make your worth known and bear in mind that you must do one of two things for an employer to prove your value, which is either increasing revenues or decreasing costs.
3. If you are a college student or a recent university graduate, list education before experience. After 12-18 months of work experience, you should list experience before your education.
4. Quantify your experience when possible. Tell employers how much you increased sales, how much money you saved, how many employees you supervised, how many products you represented, etc.
5. Do not emphasize older experience on your cover letter. Any jobs that are more than 15 years old can be mentioned, but list only your job title, employer name, and location for each.
Sales Cover Letter Sample 1:
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume for the sales position with your company. I have a wide array of interests and strengths that I believe would be beneficial for your company. As someone who is hardworking and enthusiastic, I would be an asset to you.
In May I graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Journalism with an emphasis in Strategic Communication, specifically Advertising and Public Relations. Although I didn’t minor in them, I have concentrated my elective studies in Communications and Graphic Design. I was a member of our AdClub on campus, as well as a student member of the Michigan Interactive Marketing Association. I enjoyed my time in college because it has given me a place to develop my passions into a potential career, and I spent several semesters on the Dean’s List within the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Michigan.
As someone who has extensive experience in advertising and marketing as can be seen in my resume, I would be a great addition to your team. Again, I’d just like to thank you for your time in considering me as a potential candidate for this position. I am very excited to begin this next phase of my life. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further recommendations or materials in my review. I’d love to set up an interview, as well. My contact information can be found at the top, or on my resume.
Sales Cover Letter Sample 2:
I would like to submit my application and resume for the sales position, as advertised by your company. With a successful background in sales and over 6 years of experience in delivering high-quality sales solution, I am confident that I am a good candidate for the advertised post.
After completing my graduation, I successfully completed my MBA in Sales from the prestigious Boston University. I started my career as a sales trainee in Patni Computers, a mid-level IT company. The desire to join a progressive IT firm poised for market expansion and strong growth saw me join IBM, a top IT company, with whom I have now been associated with for the last 4 years.
During my tenure I improved sales of my product division, supervised launch of several new products, increased the strength of my sales team, and forged stronger relationships with clients. Here is a synopsis of my accomplishments and an overview of my key strengths:
- Streamlined the sales process and improved the overall sales of my product division by 37% during my tenure
- Strengthened the sales team by increasing its size by 25%
- Successfully launched 7 new products in the domestic market
- Won the coveted Sales Manager of the Year award twice
- Skilled presenter, project leader, and communicator, with the experience and flexibility needed to adapt to fast-changing schedules, high-pressure settings, and rapidly shifting priorities
- Proficient in MS office, notably MS Word and PowerPoint
I am a motivated, organized, and committed leader who prides himself on his ability to successfully complete any responsibility. My friendly, yet professional, demeanor and positive outlook allows me to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers alike.
Given my valuable expertise, rich work experience, and substantial sales accomplishments, all of which discussed in detail in my enclosed resume, I would like to ask for an opportunity to discuss my candidacy with you further in person.
Sales Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am writing in regards to the open sales position on your awesome team. With my superb customer service skills, attention to detail and pride in creating a welcoming environment for all customers are a perfect match for your esteemed business.
I am committed in delivering the best possible customer service that few can replicate as I am respectful, friendly, and always willing to help. No matter what the situation is, good or bad, there will be a positive outcome. Through my work experience I have proven to be a mature and reliable hard-worker, with minimal flaws; and who inspires the people around me.
Hard work and dedication is something that I take full pride in. I believe that there is only one way to work, and that’s HARD. I productively and efficiently plan my priorities and strategically waste no time. I maintain positive relationships between all staff and customers in both high & low-volume, fast & slow-paced operations. I understand being a great leader that can efficiently plan accordingly without wasting any time is extremely important and essential for a thriving business. I proudly provide my best in quality leadership and customer service dynamics.
With the addition of my degree, along with my experience and personality, I can help with any business’ success. I am very interested in being a part of your sales team and no matter what my tasks are – hard work, speed, efficiency and concentration will be practiced at all times.
Thank you for taking the time to read my resume. I look forward to receiving your reply.